Garden Organic invites teachers, other school professionals and volunteers to another ‘hands-on’ training session, this time taking place at the fantastic Mount Pleasant School Farm which has a range of livestock, eco classroom and plenty of ideas to help create a curriculum led farm visit!
We are delighted there will also be a farm tour for attendees during the lunch break to explore what the farm has to offer.
The training will be split into two sessions; growing & cooking. You are invited to attend one or both sessions.
The day will provide an overview of:
- The Move More Eat Well project
- How to plan what to grow with pupils throughout the term-time with focus on Summer
- How to use harvested crops to create delicious dishes with your class
- Using growing and cooking to teach pupils key skills
- Where to go for advice and resources to kick start a growing or cooking project.
When: Monday 20 May 2019.
Where: Mount Pleasant School Farm, Icknield Street, Forhill, Birmingham, B38 0EH.
Cooking session: 10am-12.15pm
Lunch & farm tour: 12.15-1.45pm
Growing session: 1.45- 3.30pm
Who: This session is suitable for teachers, school staff, parents (PTA) or other adults who work or volunteer in schools. Wider community groups are also welcome to attend. Open to those in the Longbridge, Northfield, Cofton, Rubery and West Heath areas of Birmingham only.
To book: Email MMEW@gardenorganic.org.uk
Garden Organic is a partner in the Move More Eat Well project which is fully funded by Birmingham City Council, working across Longbridge, Northfield, Cofton and Rubery.