This element of Move More, Eat Well is being delivered by Garden Organic. It will:
- Provide food growing and cooking training for school professionals and community volunteers
- Run practical sessions in the growing areas
- Develop and deliver a cooking programme for schools
- Provide and producing relevant resources to support delivery of the curriculum and practical growing activities
- Provide cooking support visits to schools
- Signpost to local organisations and providers who can support their aims
- Raise awareness within the community of school growing and cooking
- Facilitate regular Garden Group meetings to map and maintain progress
- Support schools with their fundraising activity for gardens and resources
In addition to supporting individual schools the education officer will host a network for local schools, individuals and organisations to join. This would meet termly with the purpose of identifying shared challenges and celebrating positive experiences and provide as necessary support to overcome barriers to the programme. This group would be integral in supporting the long term sustainability of the programme.
Delivery started in September 2017, for further information and to register your interest contact Colette Bond (Head of Education, Garden Organic).
Tel: 02476 308217 or 07825 670643