Tuesday 2 April 2019.
The Hollymoor Centre, 8 Manor Park Grove, Northfield, Birmingham, B31 5ER
Growing session: 10am -1pm
Cooking session: 1.30 – 3.30pm
Garden Organic is excited to invite you to our next training day which will look at how you can work with your class to plan what to grow through the year, use harvested crops to create delicious dishes whilst teaching key skills. Explore other seasonal gardening and cooking related activities which are linked to the curriculum. Join us for an interactive, fun day and develop your skills.
The day will be split into two parts; growing and cooking and you are invited to attend one or both of the sessions. Schools who attend the full day will receive an induction hob worth £50 plus loads of additional resources to help get you started! Lunch will be provided for delegates who attend the full day. Please see terms and conditions below for details on how to qualify*.
The day will provide an overview of:
- The Move More Eat Well project;
- How to plan what to grow with pupils throughout the term-time with focus on Spring;
- How to use harvested crops to create delicious dishes with your class;
- Using growing and cooking to teach pupils key skills;
- Where to go for advice and resources to kick start a growing or cooking project.
Who: This session is suitable for teachers, school staff, parents (PTA) or other adults who work or volunteer in schools. Wider community groups are also welcome to attend. However, only schools will be eligible to receive a fully funded kit. Full terms & conditions available.
To book email MMEW@gardenorganic.org.uk
*Terms and Conditions
The induction hob offer is open to schools in the Longbridge, Northfield, Cofton, Rubery and West Heath areas of Birmingham only. Anyone else working with schools in the area can attend the training, but will not qualify to receive an induction hob. Only one hob per school will be supplied. Kits will only be given to schools who attend the whole day.
In order to qualify you must;
- Be one of the first fifteen schools to register for the training session on 2 April 2019
- Complete our School Agreement, in which you agree to receive at least three fully-funded Move More Eat Well activities (such as a Healthy Eating Assembly; cooking training for school staff and a composting workshop)
- Complete simple evaluation forms at the start and end of your involvement in the project.
- Must register via email to email@example.com
- Agree to the name of your school being available on request to be publicised in relevant context on Garden Organic webpages or digital channels.
Other terms & conditions;
- The offer is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social media channels used to promote it.
- The promoter is Move More Eat Well, a partnership project co-ordinated by Garden Organic and is based at the Garden Organic head office at Ryton Organic Gardens, Wolston Lane, Ryton on Dunsmore, Coventry CV8 3LG
- All entrants must agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promotion is subject to the laws of England.